Kiev Climate & Temperature
- Kiev, Ukraine is at 50°23'N, 30°34'E, 167 m (548 ft). See map.
- Kiev has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Kiev is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 7.7 degrees Celsius (45.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 24.9 °C (44.8°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -2°C (28.4°F) on average falling to -7.7°C (18.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 11.7°C (53°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 3.7°C (38.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 25°C (77°F) and average low temperatures are 14°C (57.2°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 11.7°C (53°F) during the day and lows of 4.3°C (39.8°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 649 mm (25.6 inches) which is equivalent to 649 Litres/m² (15.92 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1843 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Kiev you would come out nearest to the climate station at Castlepoint, New Zealand (Warm temperate thorn steppe biome).
Kiev Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Kiev Climate Graph in Metric Units
Kiev Climograph in English Units
Climate of Kiev, Ukraine Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: